Say hello to an incredibly easy, flavorful, and healthy weeknight dinner. This Chicken Cheesesteak Recipe is a low carb skillet meal inspired by a Philly Cheesesteak.
Rather than steak, it uses marinated chicken tenderloins and it is all served in a bowl rather than a hoagie roll.
It can easily be served on a toasted roll if someone in your household is not eating low carb.
Over the Spoon for:
High protein and low carb
Easy skillet meal
What do you need :
- Chicken Tenderloins
- Worchester sauce
- Coconut aminos (soy sauce or tamari)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Red and Green Bell Pepper
- Sliced Bella Mushrooms
- White Onion
- Red pepper flakes
- Thinly sliced provolone
- grated parmesan cheese
If you want to use sliced steak rather than chicken, feel free to substitute!
Add even more vegetables with the addition of cauliflower rice.
To make dairy free use nutritional yeast rather than parmesan and use dairy free provolone.
How to make:
In a large oven safe pan...
- Marinate chicken in sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes in oil or until translucent then set aside.
- Diced marinated chicken and cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Return chicken to pan and stir red pepper flakes and ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Cover with about 7 slices of thinly sliced provolone and broil on low for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly crisp.
- You could serve this as is in a bowl
- With quinoa, rice, or cauliflower rice
- Or serve in a roll or pita
- Add ketchup, barbeque sauce, or mayo based on your preference
This lasts about 4 days in the fridge! I heat it up in the microwave and it tastes great.
If you are a fan of this low carb chicken cheesesteak recipe you should try:
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!
Chicken Cheesesteak Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins or chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 8 oz package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 white onion
- 8 slices of thinly sliced provolone
- Cut chicken in small cubes and marinate in worchester, avocado oil, coconut aminos, and apple cider vinegar for about 30 minutes.
- Cut bell peppers and onion into thin strips.
- In a greased and oven safe pan, sauté bell pepper, onion and mushroom for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and set vegetables on a plate to the side.
- Cook marinated chicken pieces for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Stir in cooked vegetables and parmesan cheese.
- Top with provolone slices and broil on low for about 5 minutes or until provole is slightly crisp and golden brown.