Making a pot roast in the instant pot is such a delicious and flavorful way to make Chuck Roast.
The Root vegetables you choose to use are completely customizable but I highly recommend using some form of potato and celery.
To “season” the chuck roast- I cover it in horseradish before putting it in the instant pot. I personally don’t think it gives it a spicy or horse radish taste but I love the way to helps to tenderize the meat.
What do you need:
- 4 lb. chuck roast
- About 3-4 tbsp horseradish
- Bay leaves
- Bone Broth
- Worchester sauce
- Sweet Potatoes
- This recipe makes the sweet potato very soft- if you prefer your potatoes less cooked try white or red potatoes
- Try adding carrots
- No horseradish? Season with favorite all purpose seasoning of choice
Over the Spoon for:
Easy Pot Roast
How to make and how long to cook chuck roast in the instant pot:
- Cover all sides of pot roast in horseradish
- Set on sauté mode and sauté shallot for about 5 minutes
- Add chuck roast, bone broth, and 2 bay leaves
- Cook high pressure for 1 hour
- Hit cancel
- Add vegetables and 2 tbsp Worchester sauce
- Cook 10 minutes
- Serve with Ketchup!
This chuck roast is great on it's own but you could serve it with a side salad or bread for dipping.
If you like this instant pot chuck roast give my Instant Pot Pork Shoulder a go!
Instant Pot Chuck Roast
- instant pot
- 1 3 lb. chuck roast
- 4 tbsp horse radish
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 head celery stalks
- 2 tbsp worchester sauce
- 1 shallot
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups beef broth
- Marinate all sides of chuck roast in horseradish and set aside.
- Peel and cut shallot into quarters and sauté on Sauté mode with olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add chuck roast, 2 cups of broth, and 2 bay leaves and pressure cook on high for 1 hour.
- While chuck roast is cooking cut potatoes into quarters, and cut ends off of celery stalks.
- After an hour of pressure cooking, hit cancel and release pressure.
- Add Worchester sauce, potatoes, and celery and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- After finished cooking and pressure released, remove bay leaves, and serve with ketchup.
Following along #CookBlogShare perfect potato recipes!