This berry chia pudding is the best way to start your day! It is an easy breakfast to meal prep and is full of healthy probiotics.
You can prep this in about 10 minutes with 3 ingredients and then let is sit in your fridge overnight to grab and go in the morning.
This post was created in partnership with my friends at Lifeway Kefir.
Over the Spoon for:
- A healthy dose of probiotics from the Kefir.
- Chia seeds are high in fiber and omega-3s.
- An easy no bake and egg free breakfast.
What do you need:
- Kefir - I used the mixed berry kefir but you could use vanilla kefir or plain for no sugar added.
- Mixed Berries - I use frozen and then microwave them for about 30 seconds for extra juices
- Chia seeds- the ultimate "super food" and key to this recipe!
additional topping ideas:
Don't feel like you just need to stick to these 3 ingredients! You could add some extra healthy fats by adding coconut flakes, a nut butter drizzle, or hemp hearts.
How to make:
In simplest terms mix, stir, set, and top!
Tip: thoroughly stir chia seeds and kefir after 5-10 minutes before allowing to set over night. Or at least for 4 hours minimum.
Kefir is a tart and tangy fermented milk. It is like a drinkable yogurt full of probiotics, protein, calcium and Vitamin D.
Yes! It is a great drink to aid in digestion, help keep you full, and boost immunity.
Chia seeds are full of omega-3s, fiber, and potassium.
Chia pudding can last 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Berry Chia Pudding with Probiotics
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¾ cup mixed berry kefir
- ⅓ cup mixed berries
- In a bowl, mix kefir and chia seeds and allow to set for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, thoroughly stir again and cover.
- Allow to set in the fridge overnight or 4 hours minimum.
- Serve with ⅓ cup defrosted berries or fresh berries slightly smashed for extra juice.