Get ready to check off everything on a dietary need checklist...
These vegan carrot cake bars are gluten-free, dairy-free, annnnnd vegan. They are full of veggies (hi carrots), sweetened with banana, and full of protein!
Anyone else love to cook but baking is a whole other ball park?
Baking is such a struggle because once it comes out of the oven there is no more option to add a little more flour, you are stuff with covering up your creation with peanut butter or throwing it out all together.
The best thing about these healthy carrot cake bars being vegan is...
no eggs = taste the dough as you go along! That allows you to add a little bit more of whatever you think it needs so you don't end up with any baking fails.
I love the flavor and chewy-ness of these and feel good having them for breakfast, as a snack, or for dessert.
Over the spoon for:
No eggs (hello tasty dough)
Veggies snuck into a treat
Protein and Fiber-full snack
Gluten and Dairy free
How to make vegan carrot cake bars:
- Mash bananas! ( I always keep bananas in my freezer ready to use with this hack. )
- Stir in melted coconut oil.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add almond milk and taste test!
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350.
Looking for more gluten-free breakfast dishes? Try these Easy 3-ingredient Gluten-free Bagels!
Vegan Carrot Cake Bars
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 cups oats
- ¼ cup dried fruit (I used Craisins)
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used monkfruit)
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 serving Vanilla Protein Powder of choice
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mash ripe bananas and stir in coconut oil.
- Add in all dry ingredients and stir, slowly add in almond milk.
- Pour dough into greased baking dish and cook for 20 minutes or until baked through.
If you like the rich flavor of cinnamon in these bars, try this Zesty Cran-Orange Oat Bake!