Don't let the ingredient "zest of 1 orange" intimidate you from making this cranberry oatmeal bake!
I had never used citrus "zest" in a recipe before because it sounded intimidating and I didn't own a fancy zester but MAN was it easy and made such a difference in flavor.
I used a cheese grater from the dollar store to zest my orange and wondered why I was ever so intimidated.
This healthy oat bake is made refined sugar, dairy, and gluten free for a delicious and filling breakfast or snack. If you liked the Vegan Carrot Cake Bars Recipe you will love these!
Over the Spoon for:
Healthy baked goods made with REAL food
Full of fiber
Dairy and Gluten-free
What do you need to make this cranberry oatmeal bake:
- dry oats
- gluten-free flour
- baking powder
- coconut sugar
- ripe banana
- almond milk
- coconut oil
- zest of 1 orange
- dried cranberries
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, melt coconut oil and mix in all wet ingredients.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
Hooorrayyy for healthy breakfast dishes. My new favorite "breakfast treat" is the Light Strawberry Latte Pudding. You know, pudding for breakfast.
Cranberry Oatmeal Bake Recipe
- 11/2 cups dry oats
- ½ cup gluten-free (or regular) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 zest of one orange
- ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl melt coconut oil, and mix in rest of wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and thoroughly mix.
- Pour ingredients into a greased baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or allow to cool! There is no wrong way to eat these.