This protein baked oats recipe is made without refined sugar and is dairy and gluten free for a delicious and filling breakfast or snack.
If you liked the Vegan Carrot Cake Bars Recipe you will love these zesty cranberry and orange oatmeal cookie inspired breakfast bars!
Over the Spoon for:
- Healthy protein baked goods made with REAL food.
- Full of fiber from the oats.
- Naturally dairy and gluten-free
What do you need:
- Keep this gluten free by using all purpose gluten-free flour and oats.
- Pick up your favorite vanilla or plain protein powder.
- Use unsweetened almond milk or nut milk of choice.
How to make:
- Make sure to start with a large mixing bowl and mix all the wet ingredients.
- Fully zest the orange
- Stir in all the dry ingredients and bake!
Serve this hot or cold. If you are looking to add even more protein to this as an easy breakfast serve over a serving of Greek yogurt.
Tip: If you don't have a zester to get the cranberry zest - try using a cheese grater! For a long time I just used a cheese grater from the dollar store.
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas? Try my:
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Cranberry Protein Baked Oats
- 1 ½ cups dry oats
- ½ cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl melt coconut oil.
- Mash banana into coconut oil and stir.
- Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients except for almond milk and thoroughly mix.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients and almond almond milk.
- Zest entire orange peel into mix and stir.
- Pour ingredients into a greased baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.