These Za'atar Fries are the most flavorful and delicious Greek flavored homemade fry!
They are so easy to make on a sheet pan in the oven. All you need is potatoes and spices. Extra points if you want to add some feta for extra Greek flavor to compliment the Zaatar Fry flavor.
These homemade zataar fries are crispy, flavorful, and made healthier by baking instead of frying.
What you need:
- Yukon Gold Potatoes - these are the best type of potatoes for Zaatar fries. They are typically called Gold or Yellow potatoes in the store. If you want to make Zaatar Roasted potatoes instead- you can make this recipe with small red potatoes.
- Za'atar Seasoning - this Middle Eastern Spice blend is a mix of many spices such as thyme, oregano, and sesame seeds
- Oil - I prefer to use avocado oil when cooking at high heat
- Lemon - this adds a great touch of tang!
- Feta - optional but delicious addition
How to make homemade Zaatar Fries:
- Cut the potatoes and soak in warm water.
- Drain water and toss in oil and seasoning.
- Bake the fries and then top with lemon juice and feta.
Gold potatoes, seasonings, and oil.
These homemade baked french fries are healthy! They are made from whole foods and baked instead of fried.
The fastest way is broil them on low for 10 minutes, or throw them in the air fryer! Microwaving homemade fries will lose their crisp.
My favorite would be a Greek style dip like Tzatziki or a red pepper hummus. They are also great with ketchup!
Store these fries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 4 teaspoons Za'atar seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- ½ cup feta cheese optional
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 415 Fahrenheit.
- Cut potatoes into about ¼ inch french fry pieces and soak in a large bowl of warm water.
- After soaking, drain potatoes and return to the large bowl.
- Cover potatoes in oil and toss with 3 tsp. of Za'atar seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Grease a sheet pan and lay out an even layer of seasoned potatoes.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Add feta and broil for 3-5 minutes and then drizzle with lemon juice.