Let's hear it for pantry staple items that make the BEST salad dressings.
There is something so satisfying about making your own salad dressing and still having it taste better than the store bought version.
This homemade Thai inspired dressing can be used on so many meal options. My favorite way is to use this peanut butter dressing for salad.
Over the Spoon for:
salad dressing made with REAL ingredients
Healthy and filling fat from the peanut butter
A delicious way to spruce up cabbage!
All you need to make this dressing is:
- peanut butter
- rice wine vinegar
- soy sauce (or tamari/coconut aminos if you need gluten-free)
- sesame seed oil (I grab this at Trader Joe's)
- ground ginger
How long does the dressing last?
I usually use this all up in a couple days but it should last about a week in the fridge!
How to make peanut butter dressing for salad:
In a bowl whisk together equal parts peanut butter and rice wine vinegar, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and ground ginger.
Toss your favorite coleslaw mix with dressing and salt and pepper to taste for an easy meal prep!
What to serve the dressing with:
Try it as a sauce for coleslaw with added bell peppers and carrots on the side of this Turmeric Chicken Recipe!
- Any of your favorite coleslaw or salad mix
- A shredded chicken or protein of choice salad
- A veggie stir fry
- A rice noodle dinner bowl
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Peanut Butter Dressing for Salad
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients, adding more vinegar or peanut butter to change consistency based on preference.
- Toss your favorite meal in dressing or store in fridge for later!