Let's hear it for pantry staple items that make the BEST salad dressings. There is something so satisfying about making your own salad dressing and still having it taste better than the store bought version.
This homemade peanut Thai dressing can be used on a range of items:
Any of your favorite coleslaw or salad mix
A shredded chicken or protein of choice salad
A veggie stir fry
A rice noodle dinner bowl
All you need to make this dressing is:
- peanut butter
- rice wine vinegar
- soy sauce (or tamari/coconut aminos if you need gluten-free)
- sesame seed oil (I grab this at Trader Joe's)
- ground ginger
How long does the dressing last?
I usually use this all up in a couple days but it should last about a week in the fridge!
Over the Spoon for:
Healthy and filly fat from the peanut butter
A delicious way to spruce up cabbage!
How to make homemade Peanut Thai dressing:
In a bowl whisk together equal parts peanut butter and rice wine vinegar, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and ground ginger.
Toss your favorite coleslaw mix with dressing and salt and pepper to taste for an easy meal prep!
What to serve the dressing with:
Try it as a sauce for coleslaw with added bell peppers and carrots on the side of this Turmeric Chicken Recipe!
Homemade Peanut Thai Dressing
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients, adding more vinegar or peanut butter to change consistency based on preference.
- Toss your favorite meal in dressing or store in fridge for later!