Did you know that you could even make acorn squash in the air fryer?! It is so easy, fast, and delicious.
This Air Fryer Acorn Squash recipe is a garlic parmesan flavor but you could season it however you like!
Some people prefer a sweeter acorn squash and could drizzle with honey or maple syrup after frying rather than using garlic parmesan.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Acorn Squash:
Grated or shredded Parmesan Cheese
How to cut Acorn Squash:
- First cut off both ends and cut in half.
2. Scoop out seeds and discard.
3. Face squash down and cut in equal width (half moon) shapes.
How to make air fryer squash:
Preheat Air Fryer to 400.
Next cut the squash into equal slices
Toss in garlic powder and parmesan mixture
Spray with cooking spray to ensure cheese sticks
Cook in air fryer for 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
What to serve acorn squash with:
I would definitely consider this a side dish to any hearty entrée of your choice! It's perfect on the side of a chicken or beef dish, or on top of a salad.
Is Air Fryer Acorn Squash Crispy:
The skins get a little crispy as well as the parmesan on the outside of the squash, but the inside of the squash is similar to the texture of a thick cut sweet potato fry.
Is Acorn Squash Healthy?
Yes! It is full of fiber, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. (among many other vitamins and minerals!)
If you like this side try out my Balsamic Green Bean Side Dish , or serve both at your next dinner!
What are your favorite things to air fry? Let me know in the comments below!
Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- Air Fryer
- 1 Acorn Squash
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Cut acorn squash into equal slices.
- In a bowl, mix together garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Toss each slice of squash into cheese mixture and then spray with cooking spray to ensure cheese sticks.
- Place squash slices in air fryer and turn them over half way through.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve.