Easy morning routines are the best.
I love to meal prep these chia seed puddings for the breakfast for many reasons:
- It's a convenient grab and go breakfast
- its not a loud morning blender routine
- its delicious
- naturally vegan, dairy-free, and egg free.
Chia Seed Breakfast pudding is a great alternative to an oatmeal breakfast if you're looking for more of a low carb breakfast idea.
Frozen riced cauliflower gives this pudding great texture, addition of vegetables and makes it more filling.
Store in individual containers for the 2-3 days at a time and throw on some toppings if you like in the morning.
What you need:
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- Almond Milk
- Frozen Mixed Berries
You can use any milk or nut-milk of choice.
Optional to omit cauliflower rice.
Like it sweeter? Add maple syrup
Granola, nuts & seeds are welcome!
How to make chia seed breakfast pudding:
- In a bowl or meal prep container, mix chia seeds, protein powder, and cinnamon.
- Stir in almond milk and all to set for 5 minutes.
- Stir chia seed mixture again and then add frozen cauliflower and frozen berries.
- Stir one more time and put in the fridge over night.
- Serve with favorite toppings! I always use a scoop of almond butter.
What if I don't want to wait til the morning?
You don't have to wait until overnight! I would at least let this sit out for about an hour at room temperature before eating to allow the berries and cauliflower rice to thaw.
If you made this at 8 am and brought it to work, it would be very cold but still great by 9 am.
To eat in about 15 minutes, omit cauliflower rice and use fresh berries.
Benefits of this Chia Seed Breakfast:
- 64% more potassium than a banana
- 41% of daily fiber
- 32% of daily magnesium
- High in calcium, protein, and iron
Over the Spoon for:
low carb meal choice
full of antioxidants
Chia Seed Breakfast
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder of choice
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- In a bowl, stir chia seeds, cinnamon and protein powder.
- Whisk in almond milk and allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice and berries, stir and place in fridge overnight.
- Top with nut butter to serve in the morning.