Looking for a way to add a flare to boring vegetables? This balsamic green bean side dish recipe is so easy, healthy, and delicious!
All you need is 4 ingredients:
Green beans, diced tomatoes, balsamic glaze, and Parmesan
How do you serve them?
This green bean side dish is great hot or cold! I love them as a side to chicken breast and served with potatoes. They also make amazing leftovers and taste great cold on the side of a sandwich.
What kind of green beans do you need?
You can use fresh, frozen, or canned! I personally love to use a bag of frozen green beans and cook those as directed first.
How to make the perfect balsamic green bean side dish:
Cook green beans as directed if frozen or canned.
If fresh, cover green beans with water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
Drain beans and then on a greased pan heat green beans and tomatoes at medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Drizzle with balsamic, add salt and pepper, and sprinkle with cheese!
If you like spicy add a touch of red pepper flakes.
Over the spoon for:
delicious twist on veggies
2 ways to serve
Looking for another easy and delicious side dish? Try out this Easy Greek Chickpea Salad.
Balsamic Green Bean Side
- 1 pound cut green beans fresh, frozen, or canned
- 2 15.5 ounce cans Italian style diced tomatoes if using regular diced tomatoes add 1 tbsp oregano
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Cook green beans as directed whether using frozen, fresh, or canned.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat, add green beans and tomatoes and heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, sprinkle parmesan and serve!