I am 'over the spoon' for this vegan black bean soup for so many reasons...but I'll keep it simple in honor of how simple this recipe is.
It is naturally all those trendy health words (vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free)
all you need is:
- a blender
- black beans
- vegetable broth
The salsa is what brings a majority of the flavor so choose whatever kind you like (spicy, chipotle, etc.) and feel free to get creative.
I've been using more of a mild pico-de-gallo style but you could get spicy, mango, fire roasted, any kind goes!
If you want to sneak in some more veggies you could blend in cauliflower or spinach for greens.
The topping options for this soup are endless but some of my go-to's are:
- avocados for healthy fat
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- hot sauce
Serve this black bean soup hot or cold!
Over the Spoon for:
Dairy and Gluten-free
Full of protein and fiber
4-Ingredient Vegan Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- greek yogurt or sour cream
- shredded cheese
- lime wedge
- In a large blender (or in a large bowl if using immersion blender) blend together broth, 1 cup of beans, cumin, and ½ cup of salsa.
- Once blended, add in second can of beans and the rest of the salsa to give the soup more consistency.
- Serve right away if you want it as a cold soup, or heat up a bowl and serve with any toppings!