If I could have soups every day...I wouldn't complain.
They are such a great way to use pretty much anything in your fridge and pack in a ton of nutrients.
This Tuscan Kale Soup is made on the stove in one pot and is ready in under an hour!
Over the Spoon for:
A healthy creamy Italian Chicken Sausage soup
A hearty and filling kale recipe.
Naturally gluten-free soup made with quinoa
Loaded with protein form the chicken sausage and fiber from the kale and quinoa.
What's in this soup?
- I used ground Italian chicken sausage but you can definitely substitute ground turkey sausage or regular sausage.
- I add Greek yogurt in the end for a creamy Italian soup taste but if you want to keep the soup dairy free, you can absolutely leave out the Greek yogurt.
How to make:
If you're a fan of this soup you should try my: Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup (Instant Pot) or Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Tuscan Kale Soup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lb. ground chicken sausage (or turkey sausage)
- 1 15 oz. can tomatoes
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 cups kale
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup full fat greek yogurt
- In a large greased pot, saute onion, pepper, and garlic on medium heat with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until fully brown.
- Add onion salt, Italian seasoning, (red pepper flakes if you like spicy!) and stir.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, and quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Bring to a simmer, add kale, and cook for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Turn off heat, remove bay leaf, and stir in greek yogurt.
- Serve! Option to add fresh parsley as a garnish.
*Note this post contains affiliate links:
This means if you purchases through the provided link I provide then I receive a portion of proceeds. I only share links and work with companies that I trust and use myself.