Soup season is just the best season to make comforting and nourishing soups.
This healthy white chicken chili can be made in the instant pot or on the stove top.
If you are in a rush, the instant pot would be the faster version. If you have cooked chicken the stove top is just as fast!
Over the Spoon for:
High in protein & fiber
Gluten and Dairy free
Makes amazing leftovers
What do you need:
Onion and Garlic
Green Chile Peppers
Great Northern Beans
Cumin and Oregano
If you are vegetarian you can add more beans instead of chicken and use vegetable broth instead
How to make:
- Saute onion and garlic for about 6 minutes on a medium heat.
- If chicken is already cooked, add chicken, broth, peppers, and spices and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 25 minutes and serve with favorite toppings!
Topping ideas: Shredded Monterey jack cheese, greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, or hot sauce
If you're a fan of white chicken chili, try out this Healthy Turkey Chili next!
White Chicken Chili Recipe
- instant pot
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 large chicken breast
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans chopped green chile peppers
- 4 cans great Northern beans
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- In a large pot, or in the instant pot on sauté mode: sauté diced onion and garlic with a spray of olive oil for about 8 minutes.
Cooking with instant pot:
- Hit cancel from saute mode. Add 1 cup broth and chicken, cook for 10 minutes on high pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred, then return to pot.
- Add the rest of broth, beans, chiles, and spices.
- Cook on high for 8 minutes and serve.
If using precooked chicken on stove top.
- After cooking onions and garlic, add broth, chicken and rest of ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve with favorite toppings.