I have always been a fan of cooking salmon in the oven but with summer right around the corner and not wanting to heat up my kitchen, I've learned that pan frying salmon is so fast and easy.
This pan fry salmon teriyaki is a low carb salmon made with a healthy low sugar teriyaki sauce. It is ready in less than 30 minutes and pairs great with pretty much any vegetable!
- Dinner in 30 minutes
- Loaded with omega-3 fatty acids
- A low carb teriyaki salmon
What do you need?
- Salmon filet - skin on Atlantic salmon filet
My favorite place to buy salmon is either at the seafood counter or Trader Joe's!
- Low Sugar Teriyaki Sauce - My favorite brand is Primal Kitchen No Soy Teriyaki.
Whole Foods has a great brand as well!
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- Green onion for serving, optional
How to make:
- Start by marinating salmon, skin side up, in a shallow bowl of teriyaki sauce for no more than 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and begin cooking salmon skin side up for 3 minutes.
- Flip salmon cook an additional 3-4 minutes depending on thickness of salmon.
- Serve with an additional drizzle of teriyaki sauce and green onions.
- Can I pan fry salmon with the skin on?
Yes! I actually prefer this way and it is how I always pan fry salmon teriyaki.
- Is pan seared salmon healthy?
Salmon is an incredible source of omega-3 fatty acids which are great for an anti-inflammatory diet. It is also low carb and loaded with protein.
- Is it better to bake or pan fry salmon?
This is completely up to you! Pan frying salmon is faster than baking salmon because you don't need to wait for your oven to heat up.
- Is salmon teriyaki keto?
This depends on the sauce you use, some teriyaki sauce is loaded with sugars so keep an eye on the nutrition label of your sauce.
What to serve salmon teriyaki with:
- My absolute favorite side is this Asian Broccoli (Roasted from Frozen)
- Rice or cauliflower rice if you want to make this whole30
- Any sort of stir fry vegetable mix or squash
Storing and Reheating:
I store this teriyaki salmon in a glass container and try and eat it within 3 days.
To reheat you can quickly pan sear the salmon again or microwave for about 45 seconds.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Pan Fry Salmon Teriyaki
- 2 Atlantic Salmon Filets, skin on
- 6 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 green onion optional
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Marinate salmon filets in a shallow bowl, skin side up in teriyaki sauce for about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and cook salmon for 3 minutes, with skin side up.
- Flip salmon an additional 3-4 minutes depending on thickness and serve with chopped green onions and an extra drizzle of teriyaki sauce.