This Buffalo Chicken Bowl is an easy, healthy, and gluten-free buffalo chicken style casserole!
It is the perfect meal for football Sunday, giving you all those buffalo wing flavors... but as a buffalo chicken breast bake.
I prefer to use a mild buffalo sauce to keep the heat down and then add either cream cheese or ranch at the end helps to cool down the spice.
All you need to do is place all ingredients in a baking dish, stir, and bake!
What do you need to make this buffalo chicken bowl recipe:
- Quinoa - I chose quinoa for this buffalo chicken bowl because it is loaded with amino acids and is great for soaking up any juices.
- Buffalo sauce: (I prefer the brand 'The New Primal' because it is a clean brand but you can use your brand of choice. I prefer to use mild but feel free to kick up with spice with mild or hot buffalo sauce.
- Chicken broth - you can use a regular carton of broth or opt for bone broth for more nutrients
- Diced celery & Chopped or Shredded carrots - colorful, flavorful, and veggie addition
- Cauliflower rice - this is just another sneaky addition of vegetables for more fiber
- Chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks: or to make it even EASIER use cooked shredded chicken!
Toppings: chives, cream cheese or ranch
To scale recipe: simply double all ingredients
To make it vegetarian: try using large cauliflower florets rather than chicken and use veggie broth
If you wanted to make this a paleo buffalo chicken casserole, use fresh cauliflower rice or cooked spaghetti squash instead of quinoa.
No quinoa? Make this with rice if you would like to make it a buffalo chicken rice bowl
Over the Spoon for:
- A buffalo chicken meal that is high in protein
- Great Source of Amino Acids from Quinoa
- Makes the perfect football Sunday Meal
How to make:
- Chop all vegetables and dice chicken.
- Place Quinoa, vegetables, and Chicken in dish.
- Stir in broth and sauce- mix thoroughly.
- Cover in foil and cook.
- Remove foil, stir, and cook for additional 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed liquid.
- Top with chives and serve each buffalo chicken bowl with either a small scoop of cream cheese stirred in or ranch dressing.
Make Ahead and Storage Tips:
To Prep Ahead: Chop all vegetables and add chicken, vegeteables, and quinoa to dish. Add broth and sauce right before cooking
Leftovers: Store this casserole in an air tight container in the fridge. This lasts about 5 days and makes great leftovers.
To Reheat: Rewarm in a baking dish in the oven at 350 degrees F or reheat in the microwave in a bowl.
To freeze: Freeze leftover buffalo chicken casserole in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
More ways to serve Buffalo Chicken Bowls:
As a wrap: place all ingredients in a wrap with romaine lettuce and a drizzle of ranch
In a bowl: top with ranch and chives
With Chips: dip fritos into your buffalo chicken bowl!
More Recipe Ideas:
Or if you'd like some buffalo wings-try this Healthy Chicken Drumstick Recipe using buffalo sauce!
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Buffalo Chicken Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup broth
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup chopped or shredded carrots
- 1 bag frozen or fresh cauliflower rice
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ tbsp whipped cream cheese stirred into each bowl
- 1 tbsp ranch drizzled over bowl
- chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop all vegetables and cut chicken into cubes.
- Place Quinoa, vegetables, and Chicken in a casserole dish.
- Stir in broth and buffalo sauce- mix thoroughly.
- Top with foil and bake at 375 F for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, stir, and cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and has absorbed the broth.
- Top with favorite garnishes such as chives, cilantro, ranch or blue cheese.