Now that Trader Joe's has dropped their Ahi Tuna, you can grab all the goodies you need to create a Poke bowl at home!
What is a Poke Bowl?
Poke is a Hawaiian dish made of chunks of raw marinated fish (usually tuna) served as either an appetizer or over rice as a meal.
Is Poke healthy?
Poke bowls are LOADED with healthy fats, omega-3s, fiber, and vegetables.
What do you need from Trader Joe's to create the perfect Ahi Tuna bowl?
You can substitute so many things but we will start with the basics.
- Ahi Tuna
- Brown or white rice ( Can use Trader Joe's frozen rice to save time)
- Soy Sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame Seed Oil
Ingredients to add to your bowl:
- Shelled Edamame
- Pickled Cucumber
- Pickled Onion
- Pickled Ginger
- Japanese Seasoning
How to make Trader Joe's Poke Bowl recipe:
Make 1 serving of rice as directed
Dice Ahi Tuna and marinate in ¼ cup soy sauce + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar for at least 15 minutes
Prepare toppings for bowl
Build the bowl by layering- rice, tuna, toppings, then drizzle with sesame seed oil and sriracha if you like spice!
For more recipes like this check out this Buddha Bowl Recipe Guide
Over the Spoon for:
Omega-3s from Tuna
Fiber full meal
High in protein
Trader Joe's Poke Bowl Recipe
- ½ cup cooked rice (brown or white)
- 1 package Trader Joe's Ahi Tuna
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or Tamari if gluten-free)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- ¼ cup pickled cucumber
- ¼ cup pineapple
- 2 tbsp seaweed
- Prepare 1 serving of rice as instructed.
- Dice tuna and marinate in soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Build poke bowl starting with rice, tuna, toppings, and then drizzle with sesame seed oil.