Now that Trader Joe's has dropped their Ahi Tuna, you can grab all the goodies you need to create an Ahi Tuna Poke bowl at home!
What is a Poke Bowl?
Poke is a Hawaiian dish made of chunks of raw marinated fish (usually tuna) served as either an appetizer or over rice as a meal.
Is Poke healthy?
Poke bowls are LOADED with healthy fats, omega-3s, fiber, and vegetables.
What do you need from Trader Joe's to create the perfect Ahi Tuna bowl?
You can substitute so many things but we will start with the basics.
- Trader Joe's Ahi Tuna
- Brown or white rice ( Can use Trader Joe's frozen rice to save time)
- Soy Sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Sesame Seed Oil
Ingredients to add to your bowl:
- Shelled Edamame
- Pickled Cucumber
- Pickled Onion
- Pickled Ginger
- Japanese Seasoning
How to make Trader Joe's Poke Bowl recipe:
- Make 1 serving of rice as directed
- Dice Ahi Tuna and marinate in ¼ cup soy sauce + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar for at least 15 minutes
- Prepare toppings for bowl
- Build the bowl by layering- rice, tuna, toppings, then drizzle with sesame seed oil and sriracha if you like spice!
For more recipes like this check out this Buddha Bowl Recipe Guide
Over the Spoon for:
Omega-3s from Ahi Tuna
Fiber full meal
High in protein
Trader Joe's Poke Bowl Recipe
- ½ cup cooked rice (brown or white)
- 1 package Trader Joe's Ahi Tuna
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or Tamari if gluten-free)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- ¼ cup shelled edamame
- ¼ cup pickled cucumber
- ¼ cup pineapple
- 2 tbsp seaweed
- Prepare 1 serving of rice as instructed.
- Dice tuna and marinate in soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Build poke bowl starting with rice, tuna, toppings, and then drizzle with sesame seed oil.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!