This foil baked mahi mahi recipe is such a quick and easy recipe.
This dish uses frozen mahi mahi and you don't even have to worry about thawing it.
All you need to do is bake mahi mahi in the oven (from frozen!) and serve tossed it with simple and fresh ingredients for a ceviche style dish.
Ceviche is typically a way to cook fish or shrimp, essentially cooking or really curing the fish in lime or lemon juice. It is then served with fresh ingredients such as onions, tomatoes, and spices.
If you are not a fan of this method to cook the mahi mahi, the recipe allows you to cook the mahi mahi first and then serve with those fresh flavors.
What to you need to make baked mahi mahi:
- Tin foil
- Salt & Pepper
For the mahi mahi ceviche:
- grape tomatoes
- red onion
- olive oil
How to bake mahi mahi in the oven (from frozen):
- Grease a foil packet with about 1 tsp butter
- Sprinkle frozen mahi mahi with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin (garlic and onion powder optional)
- Wrap mahi mahi in foil packet
- Bake foil packets for 25-30 minutes
How to make mahi mahi ceviche:
- Cut cucumber, red onion, avocado, and diced tomatoes
- Toss in olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper
Cut cooked mahi mahi into pieces and toss with fresh cilantro.
You can serve this baked mahi mahi ceviche bowl
- With tortilla chips
- Over a bed of lettuce
- In a tortilla or pita poclet
How long does this last:
Store in the fridge for about 3 days.
Over the Spoon for:
Ready in 30 minutes from frozen
High protein and low carb meal
Full of fresh ingredients
If you like this recipe you should try my Mediterranean Tuna Salad.
Leave a rating and review if you give this recipe a try! Thank you so much for following along!
Oven Baked Mahi Mahi Ceviche
- 3 4 oz frozen mahi mahi filets
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Place 1 tsp butter in each foil packet and toss frozen filet in paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pinch each foil packet closed and place on a sheet pan just in case of juices.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fish is fully cooked by showing no pink spots and is flaky.
- Peal and cut cucumber, diced onion, slice tomatoes in half, and cut avocados into chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl toss vegetables with olive oil, juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper.
- Stir in mahi mahi chunks and serve with fresh cilantro.