This foil baked mahi mahi recipe is such a quick and easy recipe.
This dish uses frozen mahi mahi and you don't even have to worry about thawing it.
All you need to do is bake mahi mahi in the oven (from frozen!) and serve tossed it with simple and fresh ingredients for a ceviche style dish.
Ceviche is typically a way to cook fish or shrimp, essentially cooking or really curing the fish in lime or lemon juice. It is then served with fresh ingredients such as onions, tomatoes, and spices.
If you are not a fan of this method to cook the mahi mahi, the recipe allows you to cook the mahi mahi first and then serve with those fresh flavors.
What to you need to bake mahi mahi from frozen:
- aluminum foil
- garlic powder
For the mahi mahi ceviche:
- grape tomatoes
- red onion
How to bake mahi mahi in the oven (from frozen):
- Grease a foil packet with about avocado oil
- Sprinkle frozen mahi mahi with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and spray with more oil
- Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon over fish
- Wrap mahi mahi in foil packet
- Bake foil packets for 25-30 minutes
How to make mahi mahi ceviche:
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together honey, the juice of 1 lime, and the juice of ½ a lemon
- Cut cucumber, red onion, avocado, diced tomatoes, and chop cilantro and mint.
- Stir in cooked mahi mahi, then chopped vegetables, and toss in salt and pepper.
You can serve this baked mahi mahi ceviche bowl
- With tortilla chips
- Over a bed of lettuce or rice
- In a tortilla or pita pocket
How long does this last:
Store in the fridge for about 3 days.
Over the Spoon for:
Ready in 30 minutes from frozen
High protein and low carb meal
Full of fresh ingredients
If you like this recipe you should try my Mediterranean Tuna Salad.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Baked Mahi Mahi Ceviche
- 3 4 oz frozen mahi mahi filets
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 large avocado
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease a foil packet and sprinkle frozen mahi pieces in garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Cover in juice of ½ a lemon and seal each piece of mahi mahi in foil
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fish is fully cooked by showing no pink spots and is flaky.
- Peal and cut cucumber, dice onion, slice tomatoes in half, chop mint and cilantro and cut avocados into chunks, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl dissolve honey with the juice of 1 lime and juice of half a lemon.
- Stir in cooked mahi mahi chunks and toss in all vegetables and herbs.