Pizza cravings can officially be satisfied with this Healthy Crustless Pizza Bowl.
It's an easy and gluten free option that makes amaaaazing left overs. If you made the Chicken Fajita Quinoa Bake then you know how easy these casseroles are.
Quinoa casseroles are a great way to sneak in vegetables while making them super flavorful.
For this Healthy Crustless Pizza version, I chose to make it a veggie pizza but you could add pepperoni, sausage, diced chicken, or whatever your favorite pizza combo is!
What do you need:
Okay so feel free to completely customize this to your pizza liking but for the basics you need:
- Broth - you can use chicken broth, vegetable broth, or a bone broth
- Onion - white or red onion works
- Tomato Paste
- Mozzarella or Italian cheese blend
Here is the part where you can pick and choose your favorites! Some ideas are:
- Zucchini or yellow squash
- bell peppers
- chopped olives
- cooked sausage
How to make:
It could not be easier to make this crustless pizza bowl!
All you need to do is toss your favorite pizza toppings with quinoa and the liquids in a casserole dish, cover with tin foil, bake, and then add allll the cheese.
Over the Spoon for:
One Dish Dinner- such easy clean up!
Full of Vegetables
Gluten-free and crustless pizza
This crustless pizza makes for great left overs! You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 6 days and reheat in a microwave safe bowl.
If you are looking for more easy casseroles you should try my:
Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Chicken Caprese
Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Easy Buffalo Chicken Bowl
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Healthy Crustless Pizza Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce of choice
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- In a casserole dish evenly distribute quinoa and vegetables.
- Mix Italian seasoning, tomato paste, broth and marinara and pour into casserole dish.
- Stir liquid and quinoa mixture to make sure evenly distributed.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, stir, and bake for 10 more minutes or until quinoa has absorbed liquid.
- Cover casserole with the cheese and bake for about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Optional toppings to serve, fresh basil, parmesan cheese, a ranch drizzle.