Pizza cravings can officially be satisfied with this Healthy Pizza Quinoa Bake.
It's an easy and gluten free option that makes amazing left overs. If you made the Chicken Fajita Quinoa Bake then you know how awesome these bakes are.
Quinoa bakes are a great way to sneak in vegetables while making them super flavorful.
For the Healthy Pizza version I did a veggie pizza but you could add pepperoni, sausage, diced chicken, or whatever your favorite pizza combo is!
All you need to do is toss your favorite raw veggies and the liquids in a casserole dish, cover with tin foil, bake, and then add allll the cheese.
Over the Spoon for:
One Dish Dinner
Full of Veggies
Healthy Pizza Quinoa Bake
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup broth ( I used veggie broth)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce of choice
- chopped raw vegetables of choice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian cheese blend
- Preheat over to 375.
- In a casserole dish evenly distribute quinoa and vegetables.
- Mix Italian seasoning, tomato paste, broth and marinara and add to casserole dish.
- Stir liquid and quinoa mixture to make sure evenly distributed.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes or until quinoa has absorbed liquid.
- Cover quinoa with the cheese and bake for about 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.