Old Bay Chicken baked in the oven taste like the fried restaurant version but are a great one sheet pan and no mess dinner for any night of the week. They make amazing leftovers and are the MVP of any game day.
After living in Baltimore (home of all things crab and old bay) I became obsessed with old bay chicken wings and needed an at home recipe!
This old bay chicken recipe is keto, paleo, and gluten-free friendly!
- Easy baked chicken drumsticks
- High protein meal
- Affordable dinner recipe!
What do you need to make these:
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Chicken Wings (or drumsticks or thighs)
- Butter or Ghee (if dairy-free)
- Optional: celery, carrots, ranch or blue cheese to dip!
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 375 Farenheit.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel and evenly toss in old bay seasoning.
- Grease a sheet pan with butter and place on drumsticks, celery, and carrots.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then flip over drumsticks.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes, then broil on low for 5 minutes.
Tips for making the best old bay chicken wings:
- Pat the drumsticks dry before tossing in seasoning
- Flip once baked for 20 minutes to allow both sides to get crispy
- Broil on low for 5 minutes for added crispiness!
- Dip in your favorite sauce like ranch or bleu cheese to serve
What do you serve with old bay chicken drumsticks?
On a wing night, I like to keep it simple with the drumsticks as a main protein, the carrots and celery as a vegetable, and then roasted potatoes on the side!
If you wanted to serve roasted potatoes with the wings you could add another sheet pan of diced potatoes to cook while the wings are cooking.
If you want to use the meat on the drumsticks as shredded chicken, pull the meat off the bones while still warm before putting in the fridge.
The drumsticks last about 4 days in the fridge.
What are your favorite sheet pan dinners? I love to make this Oven-Baked Salmon Recipe for another easy week night dinner.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Old Bay Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken drumsticks
- 1.5 tbsp melted butter or ghee
- 5 tbsp favorite dry-rub mixture - I used Old bay seasoning
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Ranch or Blue Cheese to dip
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a sheet pan with butter.
- Pat drumsticks dry with a paper towel and coat with old bay seasoning.
- Place drumsticks, carrots, and celery (if using) on greased tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip wings and toss vegetables, bake for additional 15 minutes.
- If you'd like wings a little crispier, broil on low for 5 minutes.
- Serve with favorite dipping sauce!