Pantry dinners just got fancy *Fancy- ie. feels like you took a lot of effort.
These healthy tuna patties can be a total secret that you use canned tuna. You can easily make them gluten-free by choosing gluten-free bread crumbs or chopped oats.
Are tuna patties healthy?
Why yes! The tuna and eggs make these loaded in protein.
While some people are scared of the fat in mayonnaise, if you pick out a mayo made with avocado or olive oil it's a healthy fat! AKA keeps you full longer.
Tuna is a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids annnd finally these tuna patties give you the option to either add them on top of a salad or even through some bell pepper in the mix to give it more vegetables.
What's in a tuna cake?
Similar to crab cakes, these tuna patties (or tuna cakes) are made with:
- canned tuna
- old bay seasoning- If you don't have old bay seasoning you can try a mixture of celery salt and paprika and test to your liking.
- lemon juice
- gluten-free bread crumbs - If you don't have gluten-free bread crumbs you could also try adding oats chopped oats
Over the Spoon for:
- Great source of protein
- Healthy fat from mayo
- Omega-3s from canned tuna
- Pantry dinner
How to make canned tuna patties:
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients.
- Form about 3 tablespoons of mixture into a patty shape and cook for 3 minutes on each side in a pan on medium heat.
- Serve over a salad or on a bun.
This makes about 4 of the canned tuna patties, serves 2 people.
If these tuna patties made you crave a burger patty.... try this Bunless Burger Bowl Recipe for a healthy and low carb spin on burger night!
For more pantry recipes check out my list of Pantry Meals (Healthy and Easy!)
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Healthy Tuna Patties
- Stove top
- 2 5 oz. cans of tuna, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- ½ juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- ½ diced red bell pepper, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Grease a pan and turn on medium heat.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of mixture, formed into a patty onto grease pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side. (mixture makes about 4 patties)
- Serve on a bun or over salad.