Homemade jam is my JAM!! It is seriously SO easy, versatile, and healthy to make your own jam. In this recipe I made homemade blueberry chia jam, but you could switch out any berry or citrus combo you like.
Over the Spoon for:
- Full of fiber from chia seeds
- High in anti-oxidants from blueberries
- Low in sugar
What do you need:
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- chia seeds
What do you eat blueberry jam with?
This homemade blueberry chia jam is great on so many things! You can top it over toast like normal jam, stir it in yogurt, serve it hot over vanilla ice cream, add it to your oat meal... the options are truly endless!
How to make:
- Start by heating and mashing berries
- Stir in lemon juice, honey, and chia seeds.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to cool
How to store:
This chia seed jam will continue to thicken due to chia seeds absorbing 10-12 times their weight!
Keep it in the fridge and if you want to make it a little thinner add a tablespoon of hot water and stir.
Serve within 5-6 days.
If you like this recipe you should try my:
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Blueberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook and lightly mash blueberries allowing juices to escape.
- Stir in lemon juice and honey and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chia seeds and stir for an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer jam to a microwave safe dish and allow to cool.