This lemony chicken asparagus pasta salad is an easy, fresh, and flavorful spring meal. Orzo is my favorite pasta to use for pasta salad because you only need a little bit of it to give it a pasta salad vibe and can really focus on the vegetables and protein.
Over the Spoon for:
- Detox powers from Asparagus and Artichokes
- High in protein from chicken
- Fresh spring flavor from lemon juice
What do you need to make this asparagus pasta salad:
- Orzo - can you gluten-free orzo noodles if needed!
- Fresh asparagus
- Canned artichoke hearts
- Cooked chicken
- White Wine Vinegar
- Olive oil
Super powers of Asparagus and Artichokes:
Asparagus and artichokes are both full of nutrients like Vitamin C and K, fiber, and antioxidants. They are great vegetables to help your liver detox and to support digestion.
How to make this Artichoke and Asparagus Pasta Salad:
- Boil orzo and asparagus
- Strain orzo and asparagus under cool water and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
Store in the fridge and serve within 4 days.
I would not recommend freezing this pasta salad.
If you like this recipe you should try:
Asparagus Pasta Salad
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 large lemon
- 1 can artichoke hearts (quartered)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 11/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 10 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Boil 1 cup orzo pasta for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped asparagus to orzo and boil an additional 5 minutes.
- Strain under cool water and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt.
- Stir in strained artichoke hearts and chicken.
- Toss with white wine vinegar, freshly cracked pepper, and feta cheese.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!