Sometimes in the winter, I struggle to get all my greens in because a salad just does not sound cozy, fresh, or appetizing.
Luckily, you can make a warm winter salad full of roasted vegetables and a simple homemade dressing!
This is the perfect salad to have as a brunch time salad and unlike a cold salad, this makes great leftovers.
Winter Salad Ingredients:
- bacon- nitrate and sugar free if following whole30
- fresh spinach- if you can find organic, that's the best!
- no spinach? try using arugula
- or white onion
- winter vegetables
- such as sliced mushrooms, brussel sprouts, diced sweet potato, diced butternut squash
- Fresh tomatoes - grape tomatoes or tomatoes on the vine
For the dressing:
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- dijon mustard
- minced garlic
- ground black pepper
- sliced avocado
- crumbled goat cheese
How to make:
- Cook bacon your favorite way and place on a paper towel liner to absorb grease while it cools.
- You can do this in a pan, in the microwave, or my favorite way is to cook in the oven!
- Roast vegetables of choice in the oven or sauté on the stovetop.
- Sauté diced shallot for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- In a mixing jar, whisk salad dressing ingredients together.
- Prepare a bed of spinach in a bowl - top with warm vegetables, bacon, tomatoes, and salad dressing.
To serve as leftovers:
- Store bacon and vegetables together and reheat them separately in the microwave.
- Toss vegetables, bacon, tomatoes, and spinach with salad dressing.
How to cook bacon in the oven:
- Line a sheet pan with tin foil and fold it like an accordion.
- Place bacon opposite of folds.
- Put in a COLD oven and set to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Bacon will be cooked and crispy in 20-30 minutes.
Over the Spoon for:
Healthy Warm and roasted salad
Full of vegetables and fiber
high in protein and healthy fats
If you like this salad, you will love my Healthy BLT Salad Recipe that is perfect for meal prep.
Leaving a comment or sharing this recipe with friends is the highest compliment ever! Thanks for following along with my recipes, it means the world!
Warm Winter Salad
- 1 package center cut bacon
- 1 package fresh spinach
- 1 shallot
- 4 cups roasted vegetables of choice
- 6 small tomatoes on the vine
For the dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper
- Cook bacon according to package or your preferred method.
- Roast or sauté roast vegetables.
- Sliced onion and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Slice tomatoes into quarters.
- In a mixing jar, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, pepper, dijon mustard, and black pepper.
- Build salad layering spinach, vegetables, onion, bacon, tomatoes, and dressing.