This dairy-free frittata is amazing for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner and provides amazing sweet and salty flavor!
It is a perfectly balanced meal because it is full of protein from the eggs and fiber and starch from the spinach and sweet potato.
This dairy-free frittata has a little bit of dried cranberries in it for an extra and unique flavor that makes all the difference!
What you need to make dairy-free frittata:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup diced white onion - can use yellow onion or even frozen chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach - fresh is preferred but spinach would work in a pinch
- 4 ounces dairy-free feta cheese - (optional!) you can omit this but dairy-free feta adds a great tang!
- 10 eggs - you could also use liquid eggs or egg whites
- dried cranberries - these add such a great flavor!
Substitutions for dairy free frittata:
- You can really make any variation of dairy free frittata flavors you would like!
- Use up any vegetables you have such as sliced mushrooms
- Sauted leeks always add a great flavor to eggs
- Sausage, ham, or bacon would be great additions if you are not vegetarian
Hot tip! Try out the frozen diced onion to save time. Just sauté them on the stovetop and no chopping of veggies!
Over the spoon for:
Rainbow of colors and nutrients
Gluten-free and dairy-free frittata
Vegetarian breakfast loaded with protein
How to make the best dairy free frittata:
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Wash and peel sweet potato and slice into ¼ inch pieces.
- Spray dish with cooking spray and arrange sweet potato slices to cover base of dish.
- Bake potato slices for 20 minutes, remove, and slightly mashed potatoes into dish with a fork.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Sauté onions and spinach on the stovetop.
- Top sweet potato crust with sautéed onion, spinach, feta, and cranberries.
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper and pour over sweet potato and topping base.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
What to serve with dairy-free frittata:
This is the best entrée for breakfast is served best with a side of fresh fruit and or side salad.
If you are making this as a breakfast for dinner it is delicious with a hearty side like Keto Cauliflower Risotto, Zucchini Fritte (Air Fryer Zucchini) or Air Fryer Acorn Squash.
Looking for more breakfast dishes? Try my other favorites like Slimming Crustless Quiche, Banana Carrot Muffins, Homemade Low Sugar Blueberry Jam (Small Batch!).
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Dairy Free Frittata Recipe
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While oven preheats, wash and peel sweet potato. Slice into approximately ¼ inch pieces.
- Toss sweet potato in olive oil and line bottom of baking dish with sweet potato.
- Bake crust for 20 minutes or until sweet potato feels tender. Turn oven down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Quickly saute onions and spinach on the stove top.
- Top sweet potato crust with onions, feta, spinach, cranberries, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and pour over dish.
- Place quiche back in oven for 25 minutes or until egg cooked through.
- Allow to cool and serve!
This recipe changed my outlook on quiche and now I can't get enough of it