Coffee... for Dessert?
This coffee pudding recipe is light, fast, and easy!
Does anyone else start thinking about coffee after dinner and just *actually* get excited to wake up the next day and have a great cup of coffee?
Meet the dessert inspired by the best latte in Virginia Beach.
The Strawberry Pungo Latte made at Three Ships Coffee is sweetened with locally grown strawberries and a splash of cream. It is to die for and I highly recommend it if you haven't had it before.
This light and creamy coffee pudding recipe should satisfy the craving til you can make it over to see the awesome Three Ships crew in the morning.
What do you need:
- Room temperature coffee
- I highly suggest using local coffee to support your local coffee shops!
- Almond Milk or nut milk of choice
- Vanilla pudding mix
- I like to use sugar-free pudding without high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils
- Whipped topping
- Use something like ‘cocowhip’ if dairy free
- Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberries are on the “dirty dozen” list so these are something that make sense to buy organic!
- If you are not dairy free you can use regular milk or any whipped topping
- No strawberries? Use raspberries or cherries
How to make:
- In a large bowl mix pudding with coffee and almond milk and let set.
- Mix pudding with whipped topping
- Top with slightly mashed strawberries
How long does this coffee pudding last:
This lasts about 3 days in the refrigerator, that is if you can go without eating it all in one day.
Over the Spoon for:
Local coffee shops and strawberries
Light and creamy dessert
Only 5 ingredients
If you can't tell... I love breakfast 'pudding.' My other favorite is this over night breakfast chia seed pudding!
Coffee PuddingA coffee pudding inspired by a latte at a local coffee shop
- 1 cup room temperature cup of coffee
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 package Vanilla Pudding mix
- ½ cup whipped topping
- ½ cup diced strawberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix vanilla pudding packet with coffee and almond milk.
- Allow pudding to sit for 5 minutes.
- Dice strawberries and then slightly mash them with a fork to allow juices to come out.
- Mix whipped topping (and chia seeds if you'd like to add them) into the pudding mix.
- Divide pudding into bowls and top with strawberries + their juice.Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!