This bright, spiced, and filling pumpkin smoothie is the perfect start to any fall morning!
What are the health benefits of pumpkin:
- Great source of Zinc, Potassium, Vitamin A & C
- High in fiber to support digestion
- Potassium and anti-oxidants to support a healthy heart!
What you need to make a pumpkin smoothie:
- 100% pure pumpkin puree
- unsweetened almond milk
- frozen cauliflower
- a fresh or frozen banana
- pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg)
- vanilla protein powder
- spinach (for additional vegetables) *this will turn the smoothie green!!*
- maple syrup or a pitted dates (for additional sweetness)
- greek yogurt (if not paleo! to add creaminess and extra protein)
The best part of a smoothie (in my opinion) are the toppings!
To keep you full until lunch time, I highly recommend topping this smoothie with some healthy fat!
You've already got protein, vegetables, and fiber, so choose from your favorite healthy fat options below to make a super nourishing and satiating smoothie:
- 1-2 tablespoons Almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- Chopped walnuts or pecans
- Hemp seeds
- Or if you'd rather blend these in with the smoothie you're more than welcome!
Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- ¼ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 large banana (frozen is better)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 scoop of greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pitted date
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste if smoothie is to desired sweetness and consistency.
- If you like your smoothie with additional greens : add spinach, or if you prefer additional sweetness: add maple syrup or a date.
- Serve either in a large glass or bowl, topping with a sprinkle of cinnamon, chopped nuts or almond butter.