This is my GO-TO week night dinner! This Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe is so easy to customize and make your own based on what you have.
I love the addition of kimchi for the flavor it provides but also the amazing benefit of probiotics! Kimchi is a great source of fiber and great for gut health.
What you need to make this Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe:
- cooked rice (white or brown)
- kimchi of choice
- yellow onion
- minced garlic
- fresh or frozen peas
- edamame, shredded carrots, or other vegetables of choice
- tamari or soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- sesame seed oil
What is Kimchi?
Kimchi (pronounced kim-chee) is Korean fermented cabbage that bring incredible flavor to all kinds of dishes, specifically this kimchi fried rice! The flavor from kimchi flavor is different from sauerkraut since it uses chili, garlic, and ginger flavors.
How to make:
- Cook rice according to package and set aside
- In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add peas, veggies, and kimchi and cook until warm
- Stir in rice, tamari and rice vinegar
- Push all ingredients to edge of pan, and cook eggs in the middle- stirring eggs frequently
- Stir eggs in with rice mixture, drizzle with sesame oil, and serve!
Optional: to add additional protein such as shredded chicken or ground pork
Over the Spoon for:
Easy week night dinner
Healthy meal prep
Full of fiber and probiotics
What are your favorite week night meals? I love to make this Stovetop turkey chili for another simple and filling meal.
Healthy Kimchi Fried Rice
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup kimchi
- 3 tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook rice according to instructions and set aside.
- In a large pan on medium heat, saute onion and garlic for about 3 minutes in a little bit of oil.
- Stir in peas, kimchi, and other vegetables allowing to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add rice, tamari, and rice vinegar and stir thoroughly.
- Push rice mixture to edge of pan and crack eggs in the middle of the pan, stirring eggs frequently until fully cooked.
- Stir rice mixture with eggs, drizzle with sesame seed oil and serve!