Say hello to the perfect crunchy chocolatey treat aka brownie brittle aka egg white brownies. These healthy and paleo brownie thins don't last long so make a double batch!
This is not your average brownie - it will make super thin - crispy - brownie bites.
With a handful of pantry staples, you can make these brownie thins in 30 minutes!
Over the Spoon for:
A Healthy and Paleo Brownie
Gluten-free & dairy free dessert
Low Sugar Brownie Treat
What you need:
These ingredients are to make the paleo version of this brownie thin recipe
*Note- if you do not have any dietary restrictions feel free to play around and make swaps with the ingredients!*
- Egg Whites - this brownie recipe calls for egg whites only
- Almond Flour --> *sub other flours
- Cacao Powder --> *sub cocoa powder if not paleo
- Monk Fruit Sweeter --> *sub other sweetener of choice
- Unsweetened almond milk --> *sub dairy milk
- Coconut Oil --> *sub vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Egg whites --> If vegan could try a flax egg!
- Baking Powder
- Dairy-free mini chocolate chips
Additional Brownie Thin Flavor Ideas:
If you want to play around with the recipe, please be my guest and let me know what you try!!
- Add in a tablespoon of peanut butter or favorite nut butter swirl
- Mashed candy canes for a chocolate peppermint flavor
- A tablespoon of raspberry jelly
- Caramel pieces
- A tablespoon of instant coffee for a mocha tasting brownie!
Tips for how to make these healthy brownie thins
YES! I know, I know - its easier to use the whole thing but this will create the right consistency.
Since you are spreading a thin layer of brownie batter you want to check on these frequently to keep from burning.
Yes, you want these to cool and get crispy before cutting squares.
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Egg White Brownie Thins
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup monk fruit (or sweetener of choice)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cups mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together almond flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg whites and monk fruit (or sweetener of choice.)
- Add egg white mixture, coconut oil, and almond milk to dry ingredients and stir until there are no clumps.
- Grease a baking sheet and pour batter onto tray flattening into a rectangle approximately 1 centimeter thick.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Check on the brownies after 15 minutes to ensure they aren't cooking too quickly.
- Allow to cool, cut into bite size pieces and serve.