Say hello to the perfect crunchy chocolatey treat A.K.A. chocolate crack. These healthy little bites don't last long so make a double batch!
This Brownie Brittle Recipe is:
What you need:
These ingredients are to make the paleo version of this brownie brittle recipe
*Note- if you do not have any dietary restrictions feel free to play around and make swaps with the ingredients!*
- Almond Flour --> *sub other flours
- Cacao Powder --> *sub cocoa powder if not paleo
- Monk Fruit Sweeter --> *sub other sweetener of choice
- Unsweetened almond milk --> *sub dairy milk
- Coconut Oil --> *sub vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Egg whites --> If vegan could try a flax egg!
- Baking Powder
- Dairy-free mini chocolate chips
Additional Brownie Flavor Ideas:
If you want to play around with the recipe, please be my guest and let me know what you try!!
- Add in a tablespoon of peanut butter or favorite nut butter swirl
- Mashed candy canes for a chocolate peppermint flavor
- A tablespoon of raspberry jelly
- Caramel pieces
- A tablespoon of instant coffee for a mocha tasting brownie!
Tips for how to make this healthy brownie brittle
- Whisk the egg whites and the sweetener in a separate bowl before adding to dry ingredients!
I know, I know. I hate to use an extra bowl but I've tried skipping this step and doesn't come out the same.
2. Grease a sheet pan and spread an even thin line of batter all around.
Don't worry about making a perfect rectangle, you can cut the edges later.
3. Check on the brittle after 15 minutes, just in case your over is too hot and since they are spread so thin.
4. Allow the brownies to cool before cutting in to them. They crisp a little after coming out of the oven.
Over the Spoon for:
Easy to make
Natural Antioxidants in Cacao powder
Looking for other healthy desserts? Try this Coffee Dessert Recipe for a coffee flavored treat.
Homemade Brownie Brittle Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup monk fruit (or sweetener of choice)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cups mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together almond flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg whites and monk fruit (or sweetener of choice.)
- Add egg white mixture, coconut oil, and almond milk to dry ingredients and stir until there are no clumps.
- Grease a baking sheet and pour batter onto tray flattening into a rectangle approximately 1 centimeter thick. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, cut into bite size pieces and serve.