Does anyone else dream of eating pancakes guilt free every day? I hardly order pancakes when going out to eat any more knowing how I feel after the refined flour and sugar. Is a pancake hangover a thing?
Classic pancakes lead to hunger an hour after you eat them due to a lack of fiber or protein - these are full of protein and fiber!
After many years of trying to perfect this recipe, I finally figured out the ratio to simple yet FLUFFY healthy banana pancakes!
These pancakes are the best for using over-ripe bananas.
No more need to feel guilty indulging in pancakes everyday if you choose since these healthy pancakes are gluten-free, low-carb and are filled with nutritious fiber and protein!
What you need:
- ripe banana
- oat flour
- peanut butter powder
- baking powder
- pinch of salt
- no oat flour? try blending raw oats or try and gluten-free all purpose flour
- no PB powder? try protein powder or extra oat flour
How to make:
- In a mixing bowl, mash ripe banana and 1 egg.
- Whisk in oat flour, PB powder, a pinch of salt, and baking powder.
- Over medium heat, pour batter for 1 pancake and cook for about 4 minutes or until pancake bubbles.
- Flip pancake and cook other side for about a minute and set aside on a plate.
- Continue until all batter is cooked.
- Top with peanut butter or almond butter to add healthy fat
- Raspberry or your favorite jelly
- Classic maple syrup
Over the Spoon for:
healthy banana pancakes
Low-carb and gluten-free
Full of protein and fiber
If you need another naturally sweet a nutritious breakfast for the week days, try this over night breakfast 'rice' pudding!
Healthy Banana Pancake Recipe
- 1 overly ripe banana
- 1 tbsp gluten-free oat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp peanut butter powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon optional
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, mash banana with a fork until smooth and then whisk in egg.
- Whisk in flour, PB powder, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spray a skillet with your choice of cooking spray and pour batter over medium heat.
- Cook each side until slightly brown on each side, approximately 3 minutes each side.
- Serve as-is or add your favorite topping.