Talk about simple.
This chickpea meal prep salad could not be easier
Ready in less than 10 minutes, with just 4 ingredients, you can meal prep salad and just add lettuce when you're ready to go!
Over the Spoon for:
healthy meal prep
vegetarian high protein salad
loaded with fiber
no cook meal
What do you need to make this:
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 small container of fresh & MILD pico-de-gallo
- Greek dressing (I prefer a red wine vinegar base)
- Feta Cheese
- Optional Additions: diced cucumber, Kalamata olives, artichokes, pepperoncini's
- No chickpeas? Try shredded chicken
- No pico-de-gallo? Swap out chopped tomatoes and red onion
- No Greek dressing? Try tossing with Red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Feel free to add any and all of your favorite Greek toppings such as Tzatziki, quinoa, bell pepper
How to make:
- Strain and rinse chick peas and put them in a large bowl.
- Strain and rinse pico-de-gallo and add to chickpeas.
- Stir in feta and salad dressing.
- Add any additional toppings!
How to serve:
You can top this chickpea meal prep salad over rice, quinoa, put it in a pita pocket or simply toss over lettuce.
It lasts about a 5 days in the fridge for a quick grab and go meal.
Does this taste like salsa?
No! Make sure you buy FRESH and MILD pico-de-gallo and then rinse it.
This is merely to make your life easier to not need to chop tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper.
However, if you have those ingredients on hand you can absolutely swap those out!
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Chickpea Meal Prep Salad Recipe
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 fresh and mild pico-de-gallo
- 1 small container feta crumbles
- ⅓ cup Red Wine based Greek Vinaigrette
- Strain and rinse chickpeas and pico-de-gallo and add to a bowl
- Toss with salad dressing
- Top with feta cheese and favorite toppings to serve.