Talk about a cozy meal! This dairy-free healthy chicken pot pie soup is also gluten-free and made from scratch with all real foods. No processed cans of soup full of questionable ingredients.
Don't let "made from scratch" scare you! It's quite easy to make and is *essentially* combining pureed potato/cauliflower blend with chicken soup.
This soup is made on the stove and requires an immersion blender or regular blender
Say what? Using a blender is the best way to make this soup thick and creamy as well as healthy, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
What do you need to make this healthy chicken pot pie soup:
- minced garlic
- yellow onion
- chicken broth - or bone broth
- peas - fresh or frozen
- mushrooms (optional)
- chicken breast
- red or white potatoes
- cauliflower - fresh or frozen
- garlic powder
How to make this dairy free chicken pot pie soup on the stove:
- Bring a pot of water to boil and boil potatoes and cauliflower for 10-15 minutes or until tender
- Drain and then blend potatoes and cauliflower with garlic powder and ¼ cup water. Set aside.
- In a large pan sauté minced garlic and diced onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots and mushrooms (if using) and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Place 2 large chicken breasts in boiling soup and cover cooking for about 10-12 minutes.
- Turn to a simmer, remove chicken breasts and shred.
- Return chicken breasts to soup along with creamy pototo/cauliflower sauce and stir.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, sprinkle the fresh pepper and salt to serve.
What to serve this with?
This is a very hearty and filling soup! If you would like to add a biscuit or slice of bread to the side it would be great to dunk in.
If you like this hearty soup - give this Healthy Turkey Chili a try next!
Over the Spoon for:
Creamy and dairy free chicken pot pie
healthy comfort food
made with all real foods and full of vegetables
Dairy Free Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Immersion blender or blender
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 large carrots chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Dairy Free Cream
- 2 cups sliced red or white potato
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup water
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook potatoes and cauliflower for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain water and return to pot, with an immersion blender blend the cauliflower and potatoes with ¼ cup water and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a large pan, on medium heat, sauté onion and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Pour broth and peas into pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add chicken breast, and cover cooking for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and bring soup to a simmer.
- Shred chicken and return to pan along with "cream" that was set aside.
- Stir in parsley and about ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.