Holding onto those summer tastes and amazing tomatoes with this recipe. If you can make it past prepping the bacon without eating it all, then you are going to love this BLT salad as a grab and go lunch option. This salad cures the dilemma of when to add salad dressing when meal prepping to avoid the foul soggy lettuce situation --> insert shredded cabbage! You can eat this bad boy right away, but I really think it tastes better the next day.
Meal prep doesn't need to be hard or boring. My other favorite meal prep bowl is this Turmeric Tahini Chicken.
BLT-to-go Salad Recipe
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1 package bacon
- 2 large tomatoes
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (I use one made with avocado oil)
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon as package states and to your liking (looking at you crispy vs. soggy bacon people) and set aside.
- In a bowl mix together wet ingredients for dressing and set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and put in large bowl with shredded cabbage, add dressing and stir thoroughly.
- Top with bacon and optional to add scallions and 'Everything But the Bagel' seasoning for extra flavor!