Picture this, you just got home from work and realize you need to make a quick dinner but only have frozen salmon filets in your freezer.
Noooo problem! I'm going to show you how to air fry salmon from frozen, no need to thaw the salmon filet. You can have dinner ready under 20 minutes.
Air Fryer Salmon is my favorite to make because you don't need to heat up the whole oven if you're cooking for just yourself aannnndd you can work on preparing an easy side while it cooks. (Like my Keto Cauliflower Risotto)
Over the Spoon for:
- An awesome dose of Omega-3 Fatty acids from salmon
- A protein rich freezer dinner
- Healthy & Filling fats!
All you need to make this is:
- A frozen salmon filet - I like to buy the value bag of frozen filets from whole foods
- Salt & Pepper
How to make:
- The first portion of air frying will be more of a "defrost"
- Then you will turn up the heat on your air fryer, add salt, pepper, and butter to cook a little more.
- Top with lemon juice to serve!
One thing you can do to avoid clean up is line your air fryer with aluminum foil! Then you can just toss when you're done.
You want your salmon to be flaky and juicy, be careful not to overcook as you don't want it to dry out.
Butter will really soak into the salmon to keep it juicy and flavorful. If you want to use a light spray of oil and some lemon juice instead that will work as well!
If you love to use your air fryer as much as I do, check out some of my other air fryer recipes:
Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken (Air fryer)
I hope you are Over the Spoon for this recipe!
It is my goal to inspire you to create healthy and easy meals.
It would mean the world if you could leave a review or a star rating below!
Air Fryer Salmon (from frozen)
- Air Fryer
- 2 frozen salmon filets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 slices lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degree Fahrenheit.
- Place frozen salmon filets in air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and butter to salmon filets.
- Return to air fryer and cook for 7 more minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
Love this, so easy and delicious!